This position is responsible for assisting the Office Manager in managing the activities of the executive
1. Primary phone coverage (first to answer all incoming calls)
2. Prepare and mail all US/UPS/Fed Ex packages.
3. Sort and distribute incoming mail
4. Oversee all aspects of publication orders including inventory and maintenance of inventory
5. Oversee all administrative aspects of seminars including registrations, confirmations, certificates,
badges & evaluations, preparation and mailing of materials to seminar sight
6. Assist Office Manager in the processing of Annual Conference registrations, preparation of packets,
badges and delegate materials
7. Filing of materials in general files area
8. Assist with bookkeeping/accounting functions as appropriate
9. Assist staff in creating a system for responding to telephone and written requests for warehousing
10. Assist Office Manager in developing and instituting methods for quality control and accuracy in
membership, conference, and other databases
11. Inventory and track off site storage
12. Be familiar with functions of Office Manager so as to enable him/her to assume the duties of the Office
Manager in his/her absence.
13. May be called upon to assist with special projects and assume responsibility for the development,
administration, and promotion of specific projects, as required
14. Perform other duties as assigned
Must have formal training in office procedures and use of office equipment. Must have the ability to
communicate accurately and clearly both orally and in writing; pleasant telephone manner; able to ìthink
on feetî when dealing with callers; customer service oriented ìcan doî approach to work. Knowledge of
computers; specifically, experience in Microsoft Office is preferable. Must have superior organizational
skills and accuracy. Excellent problem solving and people skills also required.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible to the Director of Operations for all of the duties and
responsibilities listed above and for other duties that the Director may assign during the duration of the
employment. Because of his/her involvement in matters related to their responsibilities the Administrative
Assistant would also be required to communicate frequently with the other Directors.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.